Yellow Party Tops
25 butterscotch hard candies
½ cup butter, softened
½ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1 (4-ounce) package cook-and-serve butterscotch pudding
1 ½ cups flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
1/3 cup flour
Step By Step Instructions:
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place candies in a zip-top bag and crush with a rolling pin. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar with a rubber scraper. Stir in dry pudding mix.
- Add egg, flour, and baking soda and stir until mixture becomes a stiff dough. Form dough into a ball.
- Dust a rolling mat and rolling pin with flour. Place dough ball on the rolling mat. Use rolling pin to flatten dough to ¼-inch thick.
- Cut out cookies with a 3-inch round cookie cutter. Use a 1 ½-nch round cookie cutter to cut a hole in each cookie.
- Use a spatula to place a cookie on the baking sheet. Press a craft stick into the edge of the cookie. Press a second cookie over the first cookie to cover the stick.
- Fill the hole in the center of each cookie with crushed candies. Decorate with yellow sprinkles.
- Bake for 12 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Use an oven mitt or pot holder to remove baking sheet from oven. Allow cookies to cool until the melted candy has hardened (about 20 minutes.) Gently peel cookies from foil.
These cookies are easily customizable to any color party! Use food coloring on the dough. Change butterscotch candies to other types of hard candy, and choose other colors of sprinkles. Drizzle cookies with melted candy melts for extra pizzazz.