Sunny Day Cake
aqua and yellow food coloring
2 round chocolate wafer cookies
1 9-inch round cake
24 orange fruit slices
about 24 yellow or orange candy-coated fruit candies
red licorice whip
Step By Step Instructions:
- Mix up a batch of aqua flood icing.
- Lay the chocolate cookies side-by-side on a piece of wax paper, leaving a small space between them. Pipe flood icing onto the wax paper around the cookies to make sunglasses. Let the icing harden for at least one hour.
- Mix up a batch of yellow frosting. Use it to cover the cake.
- Place the cookie sunglasses on the cake.
- With kitchen shears, cut a length of licorice whip, and place it on the cake to make a smile. Cut two smaller pieces to put on the ends of the mouth.
- Arrange the orange candy slices around the edge of the cake. Add fruit candies in between the slices.