1 ½ cups flour
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
¾ cup butter (1 ½ sticks)
1 ½ cup creamy peanut butter
½ cup sugar
½ cup brown sugar (firmly packed)
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large egg
2 tablespoons sugar
1 ½ cups jelly (any flavor)
Step By Step Instructions:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a small mixing bowl, stir flour, salt, and baking powder with a rubber scraper. Set this bowl aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix butter, peanut butter, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla. Crack an egg into a small bowl and throw shells away. Add egg to the large mixing bowl. Stir together with the rubber scraper.
- Add dry ingredients to the large mixing bowl and stir together.
- Place 1-inch balls of dough on an ungreased baking sheet, about 2 inches apart.
- Put 2 tablespoons sugar into a small bowl. Use a fork dipped in the sugar to form a crisscross pattern on top of each cookie.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes. Use an oven mitt or pot holder to remove baking sheet from oven. With a spatula, place cookies on a wire cooling rack.
- When cookies have cooled, spread jelly onto the bottom of a cookie. Place a second cookie on top of the jelly to form a sandwich.