½ cup old-fashioned oats
½ cup flour
2 teaspoons sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
½ cup + 2 tablespoons milk
1 6-ounce container nonfat vanilla yogurt
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1 tablespoon rainbow sprinkles
Step By Step Instructions:
- In a large bowl, mix the oats, flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, egg, vanilla, and milk with a whisk.
- Spray a skillet with cooking spray. Heat on medium to medium high.
- With a small measuring cup, scoop the batter onto the skillet. Cook the pancake for about 2 to 2 ½ minutes or until bubbles form on the top. Flip the pancake over with a spatula. Cook another 2 minutes or until the bottom is browned. Set aside.
- Continue scooping the batter and cooking the pancakes until all the batter is used up.
- To make the “frosting” for your pancakes, empty the yogurt into a bowl. Stir in the maple syrup.
- To serve your pancakes, place one on a plate. Spread the yogurt mixture over the top. Layer on another pancake and spread with yogurt. Add a few sprinkles for decoration.
Tip: This recipe makes eight 4-inch pancakes. To add more color, stir 2 tablespoons of sprinkles into the batter before cooking. Blueberries, sliced strawberries, or bananas will give the pancakes a fruity flavor.