Lollipop Disco Ball
- 250 to 300 small round lollipops
- wooden skewer
- 1 7-inch Styrofoam ball
- plastic beaded necklace
- 250 to 300 4-inch squares of aluminum foil
Step By Step Instructions:
- With a long wooden skewer, poke a hole through the center of the Styrofoam ball from top to bottom. Thread the plastic necklace through the hole. Use the wooden skewer to help push the necklace through.
- Tie one end of the necklace in a knot. Make sure the knot is much bigger than the hole. The disco ball will get heavy, and you need to be sure the necklace won’t slip out. Pull the necklace so the knot is even with the bottom of the disco ball and you have a loop for hanging at the top.
- Place the top of a lollipop in the center of an aluminum foil square. Gather the corners of the foil around the base of the lollipop and twist to tighten the paper. Repeat on all of the lollipops.
- Poke the lollipops into the ball in a horizontal line around the middle. Space the lollipops about 1 inch apart.
- Add a second line just above the first, tucking each lollipop between the ones on the first line.
- Continue adding lines of pops all the way up to the top.
- Repeat on the lower half of the ball, adding rings of lollipops until you reach the knot on the bottom.
You can make this disco ball into a light for your dance floor. Before you push in the lollipops, wrap the ball with a string of white lights. Tape the lights down in a few places. Then push in the pops to cover the cords, letting the lights stick out between them. The lights will reflect off the foil and really make your disco ball shine!