- 7 cups powdered sugar
- ½ cup solid vegetable shortening
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 tablespoons tonic water
- neon food coloring
- unfrosted cupcakes
Step By Step Instructions:
- Combine powdered sugar, shortening, and butter in a large bowl. Beat all ingredients with an electric mixer on low speed until the frosting is light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla and half the tonic water. Beat until fully combined. Add the remaining tonic water. Repeat.
- Divide the frosting into two bowls. Color one bowl orange, and one bowl green.
- Fill one piping bag half-full of orange frosting. Fill another piping bag half-full of green frosting. Use scissors to snip the ends off both bags.
- Place both piping bags inside an empty piping bag fitted with a jumbo star tip. Squeeze frosting down toward the tip.
- Pipe icing onto cupcakes.