red food coloring
brown food coloring
5 vanilla wafer cookies
3 oatmeal cookies
5 large marshmallows
5 chocolate chews
pink, green, and yellow taffy
Step By Step Instructions:
- Divide the flood icing into two bowls. Add red food coloring to one. Tint the other bowl light brown.
- Place the vanilla wafers on a cooling rack with a piece of wax paper below them. Spoon red flood icing over each cookie to color each one. Let them sit for about an hour.
- Stack the oatmeal cookies together with a spoonful of brown flood icing between each layer. Completely cover the top cookie with brown flood icing. Set aside to harden for about an hour.
- Divide the edge icing into two small bowls. Make one bowl dark brown. Keep the other bowl white. Place the icing into piping bags.
- With the white edge icing, pipe dots onto the top of a red cookie. Then pipe a blob of icing on the bottom of it. Place the cookie on top of the marshmallow. Repeat with the other cookies and marshmallows.
- Warm the chocolate chews between two pieces of wax paper in the microwave for about five seconds. Roll them flat with a rolling pin.
- Mold the chews onto the outside of the cookie stack to look like bark.
- With the brown edge icing, pipe circles on the stump to look like tree rings.
- With the white edge icing, pipe fairy wings on a piece of wax paper. Set aside to harden for about two hours.
- Warm the pink taffy in the microwave. Roll a small round ball for the head and longer pieces for arms, legs, and a body. Mold them together to look like a person.
- Warm the green taffy and roll it flat. Cut out the shape of a dress. Wrap the dress around the pink body. Mold the bottom part to look like a wavy skirt.
- When the wings have hardened, gently push them onto the back of the fairy.
- Warm the yellow taffy and roll it flat. Cut it into thins trips. Wrap these strips around a toothpick to make them curly. Place them on the fairy’s head as hair.
- To display your fairy ring, place the stump in the center and perch your taffy fair on top. Surround it with the mushrooms.