powdered drink mixes in your favorite flavors
Step By Step Instructions:
- In a pitcher, make the powdered drink mix, using only half of the recommended water.
- Pour the flavored liquid into ice cube trays.
- Cover the top of the ice cube tray with plastic wrap. Poke a small craft stick through the plastic wrap and into each cube.
- Put ice cube trays in the freezer. Cubes will take about two hours to freeze.
- When the cubes are frozen, pop them out of the tray and serve.
- Store leftover pops in a zip-top plastic bag in a freezer.
Tip: For extra color and flavor, try one of these ideas:
* Place gummy bears, sprinkles, or bits of chopped fruit into the ice
cube trays before adding the drink mix.
* For creamier cubes, add vanilla yogurt to the drink mix.
* Make Tea Time cubes with tea and a squeeze of honey and lemon.
* Don’t add the popsicle sticks. Instead, serve cubes in ginger ale, sparkling water, or other clear carbonated drinks.
* Get funky with flavor! Make pickle pops by freezing sliced pickles and pickle brine. Try adding a splash of balsamic vinegar or a twist of black pepper to berry-flavored juices. A dash of chili powder will give mango pops a southwestern flavor.
* Try adding a twist for more grown-up pops. Use sparkling juices in place of water, or fresh juice in place of the drink mix. Add fresh mint to lemon, cucumber to lime, or fresh basil to strawberry lemonade cubes. Experiment with citrus zests and fruit purees too.
* To give your cubes a mocktail twist, rim each pop with salt, sugar, or Pop Rocks right before serving.