- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 ¼ cups flour
- green and purple sugar
Step By Step Instructions:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a mixing bowl, combine butter and sugar. Use an electric mixer on medium speed to cream the ingredients together. Mix until fluffy.
- Add egg, vanilla, and salt. Mix well.
- Add flour. Mix on low speed until just combined.
- Place half the dough on an ungreased baking sheet. Use a rolling pin to flatten the dough to ½-inch thick.
- Make lines in the dough with a fork. Sprinkle colored sugar over the dough.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Use oven mitts to remove baking sheet from oven.
- While cookies are still warm, use pizza cutter to cut cookies into strips. Cut strips into small rectangles. With a spatula, place cookies on a cooling rack. Let baking sheet cool completely before repeating steps 4-7 with remaining dough.
Party Gras Punch