Banana Split Pizza
1 package brownie mix
2 (8-ounce) packages of cream cheese, softened
2/3 cup powdered sugar
1 cup sliced bananas
1 (8-ouce) can crushed pineapple, drained
1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
¼ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Prepare brownie batter according to package directions.
- Cover a pizza pan with a thin coating of nonstick cooking spray. Pour brownie batter onto the pan and bake for 15 to 20 minutes until firm.
- Remove pizza pan from oven with oven mitts or pot holders. Set brownies aside to cool.
- Place cream cheese and powdered sugar in a mixing bowl. Using an electric mixer at medium speed, blend ingredients until smooth. Spread on the brownie crust with a rubber scraper.
- Top pizza with bananas, pineapple, and strawberries.
- Decorate pizza with chocolate chips. Chill pizza before serving.
Tip: To make this truly a party treat, make individual brownie pizzas. Or try one of these tasty variations:
*Melt the chocolate chips with 1 tablespoon butter. Stir until smooth. Then drizzle the warm chocolate sauce over the pizza.
*Use just bananas, and drizzle with caramel sauce for a bananas foster ‘za. Dust with powdered sugar.
*Use just strawberries, and drizzle with chocolate sauce. Add fresh mint and just a squirt of whipped cream to top it off.
*Use just pineapple. Add toasted coconut and sliced almonds for a tropical twist. Mandarin oranges, chopped mangoes, or kiwis are other great island choices.
*Swirl the cream cheese layer with raspberry jam. Top pizzas with raspberries, white chocolate chips, and toasted nuts.
*Replace cream cheese with peanut butter or chocolate hazelnut spread. Add sliced bananas and mini marshmallows for a grown-up fluffernutter.
*Add a pinch of cayenne pepper to the brownie batter before baking. Stir a teaspoon of cinnamon into the cream cheese. Top with swirls of marshmallow fluff, chocolate syrup, and a sprinkle of cinnamon for Mexican hot chocolate pizzas.