Orange You Glad
Here’s What You’ll Need:
1 ¾-inch wide crepe paper streamers
wired silk flower stems
double-sided adhesive tape
Step By Step Instructions:
- Cut 10 heart shapes from crepe paper. Make sure the tops and bottoms of the hearts are cut along the crepe paper roll edges.
- Press both thumbs into the center of one heart. Pull gently with your thumbs to form a rounded petal shape. Repeat with the other hearts.
- Cut a 4-inch piece of crepe paper. Loosely fold it in half lengthwise. Place a ½ inch strip of tape at one end of a wire stem. Loosely roll the crepe paper around the stem to form the flower center. Pinch the base of the paper, and add more tape strips as you roll.
- Add a strip of tape around the base of the bud. Attach a petal, covering the base of the bud and squeezing the base of the petal to create a tight petal shape. Add another petal, positioned so it slightly overlaps the bud base and first petal. Continue attaching petals, one at a time, adding more tape as needed, pinching the base, and shaping the petals with your fingers.
- Cut off a 3-inch section of green crepe paper. Cut two leaf shapes out. Use your thumbs to form a concave shape in these too. Use tape to attach the leaves to the flower stem just under the petals.