Here’s What You’ll Need:
- small beads
- nylon or other thread for beading
- flexible needle
Step By Step Instructions:
- Begin arranging your beads by laying them out on a towel so they won’t roll around. When you are happy with your bead arrangement, cut a piece of nylon thread that is double the length you would like your necklace or bracelet to be, plus 20 inches (51 cm).
- Thread your flexible needle and pull the thread through until it is doubled and the ends are even. Tie a double knot to the loop of one half of a clasp, leaving a tail 5 inches (13 cm) long.
- Now you are ready to string your beads according to the arrangement you have designed.
- When you are done stringing your beads make sure the necklace or bracelet is the length that you would like it to be.
- When you are ready to end your necklace or bracelet, thread the needle through the loop of the other half of the clasp two times. Now pass the needle down through the last three beads. While holding onto the clasp, gently pull on the nylon to take up slack.
- Tie a double knot around the thread in between the third and fourth beads.
- Cut off the spare thread that holds the needle.
- Thread the needle onto the 5-inch (13-cm) tail.
- Now send the needle through the last three beads.
- Make a double knot behind the third bead exactly like you did in step 6.
- Put a little clear nail polish on the knots, let it dry completely, and trim the excess thread.