Here’s What You’ll Need:
2 5x7-inch pieces of decorative paper
2 4x6-inch pieces of cardboard
20-30 4x6-inch index cars
3x5-inch sheet of adhesive cork
pins, tacks, or other decorations for the cover
paper hole punch
printed packing tape
2 1-inch metal book rings
Step By Step Instructions:
- Glue one of the decorative papers to one cardboard piece. The paper should overlap the cardboard by ½ inch on every side. Fold the overhanging paper over the edges and glue to the back of the cardboard.
- Glue an index card to the back of the cardboard over the paper edges.
- Repeat steps 1-2 with the second piece of cardboard and paper.
- Stick the adhesive cork to the front of one cardboard piece. Use decorative-edge scissors to cut a square from scrap paper. Write a title on the paper, and glue the paper to the cork. Decorate the cork with pins, tacks, and other office supplies.
- Punch holes in the front and back covers ½ inch from the top edge and 1 inch from the left and right edges. Punch holes in the same locations on your index cards, using the front cover as a guide.
- Lay a piece of packing tape across the bottom edge of one index card, extending the tape 1 inch out from the right edge. Fold the tape back on itself to make a tab.
- Use decorative-edge scissors to cut a small label from scrap paper. Write a category title on it. Glue the label to the packing tape tab.
- Repeat steps 6-7 to make other category pages. Shift the place where you put the tape so that each tab sticks out in a different place on the right edge of the card.
- Load the back cover, index cards, category pages, and front cover onto the two book rings. Close the rings.
- Start filling the index cards with your next great read!