Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 6 leaves of red cabbage
- large microwaveable bowl
- liquid measuring cup
- 4 cups (960 mL) distilled water
- pot holders
- slotted spoon
- 4 clear glasses
- measuring spoons
- 4 tablespoons (60 mL) white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) baking soda
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) window cleaner
- 4 floating candles
Step By Step Instructions:
- Tear the cabbage leaves into small pieces.
- Measure the water, and pour it over the leaves. Microwave on high for five minutes. Use pot holders to take the bowl out of the microwave. Then stir the water and leaves. Let the cabbage soak in the hot water for one hour.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the cabbage leaves and throw away. Pour 2/3 cup (160 mL) cabbage juice into each of the four glasses.
- Measure the vinegar. Pour it into one of the glasses. Stir the mixture with a spoon, and watch the magic!
- Measure the baking soda. Pour it into another glass and stir.
- Measure the window cleaner, and add it to a third glass and stir.
- Keep one glass of pure cabbage juice.
- Line up the glasses, and add a floating candle to each one.
MYO Mardi Gras Beads